Try restarting your system and check if the black screen appears. Once the power cycling of Mac is done, check if the MacBook black screen of death issue persists. Moreover, this comprehensive DIY guide to fixing the Mac black screen of death will also help you recover any data lost due to the BSoD. When you received an error message that tells “Word experienced an error trying to open the file…”, the .docx Word file is not corrupted. It could be locked in a read-only state. Navigate to find the corrupted DOCX word file and select it. Then click “Open” and select “Browse” to open the corrupted .docx file.
For whatever reason this does not help, move on to section 2. If a simple restart of your computer and iTunes/Finder did not work and you don’t understand why, it may be an issue of iTunes being out of date. What does “incompatible firmware file” mean? It usually means your computer can’t recognize the IPSW files. And it is probably because of invalid or firmware files, outdated iTunes versions, and so on. In every problem, one of the easiest things to solve a problem is to restart your device.
- By doing so, you would be able to enter the DMU mode on your device.
- If you find your iPhone keeps crashing and restarting, what should you do?
- During the recovery process, you may find a limitation in MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS Free Edition.
- It is a user-friendly application that allows you to retrieve data from corrupted files.
- Copyright © Best full guides for upgrade firmware all devices – 2023.
The best way to correct the iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible error is to use iPhone fixing software. Otherwise, you put your device at risk of mishandling. Whenever new software is released, the Apple server gets overcrowded with a huge number of users trying to download iOS at the same time. This may cause the error and prevent your iPhone from connecting to the Apple system. In this case, try updating the iOS a few hours later. By doing so, you would be able to enter the DMU mode on your device. You can use it as one stock ROM of the solutions to fix iPhone won’t restore problem and recover your device.
Apple provides a few troubleshooting tools to help you resolve performance problems that occur with your iPhone. For example, you can clear all settings if you want to reset the device or clear all software and settings to resolve issues with conflicting apps. If the problems with your iPhone persist, you may need to restore your iPhone to its original factory condition. The restore process erases all your data and settings and installs a new version of the iOS through iTunes while the device is connected to your computer.
- Here are the guides on how to enter/exit DFU mode.
- Choose the firmware you need to update, and click Download.
- The problem “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away after you uninstall antivirus software.
- The creators of such malware strains don’t always do a good job, so you may be able to recover your files even if they become corrupt.
- Here is a video tutorial about how to recover lost data with this software.
Many users may face firmware file corrupt iPhone when trying to update their iPhone to iOS 16 recently. Are you one of them or have you found a way to fix it? Read this guide to learn how to fix the “iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible” issue. Whenever Apple launches a new iOS update, millions of users worldwide immediately try to connect to its servers for the Update. It naturally builds up huge traffic on Apple’s site, often preventing your device from connecting with the server. Thus, giving the ‘iPhone software update failed error.